Washburn Institute of Technology Information
The State of Kansas pays tuition at Washburn Institute of Technology (Washburn Tech) for current high school
juniors and seniors in the district. Topeka Public School students attend Washburn Tech on a part-time basis, approximately a half-day schedule. Bus transportation is provided. Based on enrollment requirements for the program of interest, seniors only may attend full time second-semester. Students who successfully complete a half-day schedule (a.m. or p.m.) of courses at Washburn Tech during a semester earn 2.0 elective credits at their home high
General Enrollment Requirements:
A student must:
- Be 16 years of age and have junior or senior standing in high school
- Be on track to graduate high school on time
- Submit an application
- Successfully complete the general entrance examination, Accuplacer (dates here or call (785)670-2010, press 0 for Operator to schedule)
- Conference with Washburn Tech Admissions Recruiter or Liaison
- If accepted, pay a $20 enrollment fee after receiving a cost sheet from Washburn Tech
- Be responsible for cost of books, supplies and tools
**Click here to sign up to see WIT Rep*
Visit Washburn Institute of Technology Website for more information about specific programs or contact Mrs. Cantrell at email@example.com, 501 liaison for Washburn Tech.
Accuplacer Test Options:
All tests will begin at 9:00am. Students will receive a pass out of class to come to the library for this. It takes approx. 1 - 1 1/2 hours to complete it, although it is not timed.
They also receive, about a week before, an email from me with instructions for accessing the practice test/sample question website.
Thursday, Sept 19th
Thursday, Oct. 3rd
*will also be giving this on Oct. 16th for National Test Day*
Thursday, Nov. 21
Thursday, December 12th *this test date is tentative, depending on available seats at Tech at that time*
Students may also take their Accuplacer at Washburn Tech itself as well - they give it several times per week. It is still free to take it there for HS students. As we get closer to programs filling, this may be a better option for someone trying to get into a program before it completely fills up.......
Accuplacer test dates at Tech: