We adopted our next strategic plan to guide our work and focus for the next five years. This information and feedback has been collected through a variety of community meetings, town hall sessions and direct district feedback. All information was presented to the strategic planning committee (see members below) who reviewed it and made recommendations to the district.
Strategic Planning Committee Members:Barbara StapletonBillie WallaceCherry SteffenCindy KellyCraig CarterDick CarterEileen CaspersGlenda WashingtonJanel JohnsonJessica KejrLarry RobbinsMisty KrugerPeg McCarthyShanna McKenzieSteve DavisTammy AustinTiffany AndersonValerie Watson
Topeka Public Schools will be recognized nationally for:
- academic excellence,
- post-secondary and career success,
- and achievement in the arts, athletics and extracurricular actvities.
Strengthened by diversity and a welcoming and inclusive environment, our district will cultivate partnerships with staff, families, business and industry, and the greater community to develop students' educational, physical, and social-emotional well being.
- Engage students in the highest quality learning.
- Prepare students for responsible, productive citizenship.
- Inspire excellence for a lifetime.