We adopted our next strategic plan to guide our work and focus for the next five years. This information and feedback has been collected through a variety of community meetings, town hall sessions and direct district feedback. All information was presented to the strategic planning committee (see members below) who reviewed it and made recommendations to the district.
2017-2021 Strategic Planning Committee Members:
- Dr. Tiffany Anderson, TPS, Superintendent
- Dick Carter, TPS, Parent
- Dustin Dick, TPS, Lead Secondary Principal
- Scott C Gowan, TPS, Chief Information Officer
- Stephanie Harsin, NEA-T, President
- Janel Johnson, TPS, Former Board of Education Member
- Jessica Kejr, Harvesters, Director of Program Services
- Lori Kopp, TPS, School District Attorney
- Misty Kruger, TPS, Former Director of Communications
- Dr. Peg McCarthy, TPS, Parent and Former Board of Education Member
- Sarah Sharp, TPS, General Director of Early Childhood and Elementary Education
- Larry Robbins, TPS, Deputy Superintendent of Operations
- Barbara Stapleton, Go Topeka, Director of Workforce and Education
- Dr. Cherry Steffen, Washburn University, Chair, Education Department
- Billie Wallace, TPS, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
Topeka Public Schools will be recognized nationally for:
- academic excellence,
- post-secondary and career success,
- and achievement in the arts, athletics and extracurricular actvities.
Strengthened by diversity and a welcoming and inclusive environment, our district will cultivate partnerships with staff, families, business and industry, and the greater community to develop students' educational, physical, and social-emotional well being.
- Engage students in the highest quality learning.
- Prepare students for responsible, productive citizenship.
- Inspire excellence for a lifetime.