About Topeka Public Schools
Topeka Public Schools will be recognized nationally for:
- academic excellence,
- post-secondary and career success,
- and achievement in the arts, athletics and extracurricular activities.
Strengthened by diversity and a welcoming and inclusive environment, our district will cultivate partnerships with staff, families, business and industry, and the greater community to develop students' educational, physical, and social-emotional well being.
Engage students in the highest quality learning
Prepare students for responsible, productive citizenship
Inspire excellence for a lifetime
- TPS is the largest school district in Shawnee County, serving almost 14,000 students
- Student ethnicity: 38% White, 32% Hispanic, 17% African-American, 13% Other
- More than 1,300 teachers and 1,100 support staff
- Two magnet schools: Scott Dual Language and Williams Science & Fine Arts
- Five signature campuses: Ross-Eisenhower (Music), State Street-Chase (Performing Arts), Topeka West (Leadership), Jardine Academy (STEAM), and Quincy (Fine Arts)
- Home of Topeka Center for Advanced Learning and Careers (TCALC)
- Home of Kanza Education and Science Park
- All students involved in college and career ready program
Moving To Topeka?
Congratulations on choosing to make a home in Topeka! We welcome you and invite you to make Topeka Public Schools the home of learning for your student(s).
We would like to send you a packet of information to assist with your transition into Topeka Public Schools. Please contact our Communications Office and let them know your current address, your new Topeka address, and any special needs or interests of your children. We will assemble an information kit just for you, and send it to you at no cost.
624 S.W. 24th St.
Topeka, KS 66611
You are welcome to visit our Administrative Center at the address above or stop by your neighborhood schools for a tour or for answers to your questions.