Online registration is currently open.
NEW STUDENTS INCLUDE:
- Preschoolers new to district
- Click here to learn how to enroll your preschool student.
- Students who are new to the district click here for English, and click aquie para Españo
- Students moving from one attendance area to another within the district are not considered new students. Please click the Back to School Registration button on the right to register your student.
- Students who left the Topeka Public Schools district and now are returning
- Please be aware as you register online, you are not guaranteed a slot at your requested school because spaces may be limited.
- Registration for the 2017-2018 school year will be from June 19th through July 27th
- Registration usually takes 15-30 minutes
- In addition to the information listed below, new students will need the following while registering online:
- Birth Certificate
- Transcript, name of the previous school, address, contact person and phone number
- New enrollees in Head Start, preschool, kindergarten or first grade must present a certified copy of
- the child's birth certificate or
- the court order placing the child in the custody of the Secretary of Social and Rehabilitation Services.
- For more information and help with online registration, you can visit our Welcome Center.
- The Welcome Center is located at Quinton Heights Education Center. 2331 SW Topeka Blv. Topeka, KS 66611
Health & Immunization Requirements
Students are required to provide certification of current immunizations. Annual physical exams are required for participation in middle and high school athletics. See our Student Health Information for more details about these and other important topics.
Important Dates This School Year
The first day of school for grades K-6, 9 is Monday, August 14, 2017.
The first day of school for Hope Street Academy High School and Capital City Schools is Monday, August 14, 2017.
The first day of school for grades 7, 8, 10-12 is Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
The last day of school (preK-12) is Thursday, May 24, 2018 and is a half-day.
The staff is on duty beginning August 8, 2017.
Winter recess is from December 20 through January 4. Students will not be in attendance from the end of the school day Tuesday, December 19 through the evening of Wednesday, January 3. Class resumes Thursday, January 4, 2018.
School Supply List
- HPHS, THS, TWHS: 7:55 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Hope Street: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Capital City: 7:30 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
- Middle School Hours: 7:50 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Elementary Hours: 8:40 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.
- Fridays: 9:30 a.m. - 3:40 p.m. (except Friday, August 14)
School Meal Costs
For the 2017-18 school year a full price elementary breakfast will be $1.55, with an elementary full-price lunch being $2.50.
Middle school and high school full-price breakfast will be $1.70, with a full-price lunch being $2.70
Fee's for meals can be paid during online registration. Free and reduced price meals are available for qualifying students. Applications can be found on the Food and Nutrition page.
Computer Usage Fee: Rental Charges:
Preschool $0.00 Preschool $20.00
K-5 $15.00 K-5 $50.00
6-8 $25.00 6-8 $70.00
9-12 $25.00 9-12 $70.00