College and Career Planning
How we support Topeka Public Schools
The College & Career Advocate:
- works with students in grades 9-12 to ensure they have a plan for post high school
- collects and distributes materials related to the college and career search process
- helps connect students with local business partners for internship and job shadowing experiences
- helps students with information regarding financial aid and scholarships
- explains the importance of being focused in high school and taking the needed steps to have a success future
Support for SchoolsSome services we provide principals & schools are:
- working with school counselors, and other college and career staff to make sure students are on track to meet their goals
- additional support to connect students with college and career options
- assistance with ACT and FAFSA, along with coordinating college visits for students
Support for Parents and the Community
We work with students and their families to ensure all necessary steps have been taken to help students transition into the next phases of their lives. This includes explaining documents related to admissions, financial aid, course registration, and student accounts.
Support for Administration
We support the administration by researching and implementing initiatives related to college and career readiness. We work to ensure that all students receive the information and assistance needed to be prepared to enter post-secondary education or the workforce after graduation.
Dr. Angela D. Duncan
College and Career Advocate
624 SW 24th St.
Topeka, KS 66611